- Why see a board certified dermatologist?
Please use this link to the American Academy of Dermatology website to learn about the extensive training we undergo to develop an expertise in treating disorders of the skin, hair, and nails.
- What dermatologic conditions do you evaluate?
We evaluate a wide range of skin, hair and nail conditions ranging from rare to common in both children and adults. Some common skin disorders we evaluate and treat include:
- Allergic rashes
- Contagious skin diseases (ex. boils, warts, fungal infections, cold sores)
- Dry or sweaty skin
- Hair loss
- Moles, bumps and growths
- Painful skin and joints
- Scalp problems
- Scaly or itchy skin
- Skin cancer
- Sun damaged skin
- What other medical services do you offer?
- Do you perform surgery?
Yes, dermatologists perform a wide range of office based surgical procedures under local anesthesia. These include:
- Skin and nail biopsies
- Excisions of skin cancer
- Curettage and desiccation of skin cancer
- Excisions of cysts and lipomas
- Do you perform Mohs Micrographic Surgery?
No. Mohs MS is a unique surgical technique used for certain types of skin cancer when they recur after a prior treatment, develop in areas of very thin skin, or are already very large at the time of presentation. Dr. Meduri works with several excellent, fellowship trained Mohs surgeons in and around Atlanta. If you develop a skin cancer that requires this surgical procedure we would coordinate a referral to a Mohs surgeon.
- Who performs the cosmetic procedures at Modern Dermatology Atlanta?
All injectable cosmetic procedures are performed by our board certified dermatologist, Dr. Meduri, who believes in using cosmetic techniques to restore and enhance the natural beauty unique to each of her patients. Dr. Meduri strongly believes in practicing cosmetic dermatology in a safe and ethical fashion.
- What cosmetic procedures to you offer?
- Superficial and medium depth Chemical peels
- Neuromodulators (ex. Botox)
- Injectable fillers
Cosmetic procedures, devices, and techniques evolve over time. As our practice and the field of cosmetic dermatology evolve we will continue to add procedures that we feel best fit with the overall mission of our practice. Scheduling a private consultation with us is the best way to learn about cosmetic treatment options for you.
- What elective procedures to you offer?
Elective procedures are treatments considered ‘not medically necessary’ by Medicare and many private insurance companies although they may significantly improve quality of life. These treatments will incur an out of pocket expense for patients because the charges are not submitted to insurance.
- Skin tag removal
- Treatment of non-inflamed seborrheic keratoses
- Earlobe repair
- Keloid removal
- Benign mole removal
- Comedone extractions
- How do I make an appointment? It’s easy. You can either call 770-250-7199 or click here to send us an appointment request online.
- How do I cancel or reschedule my appointment? You can either call us at 770-250-7199 or log into your patient portal and send us a message. We require 24 hours of advance notice for cancelling your appointment.
- What insurances do you take?
In addition to Medicare we also participate in the following carriers:
- Aetna (HMO/POS, PPO, and Medicare Advantage)
- BCBS (HMP/POS, PPO)
- Cigna/Coventry (HMO/POS, PPO)
- Cigna Health Spring Medicare Advantage
- Coventry (HMP/POS, National(Direct)
- First Health (Leased)
- Humana (HMO/POS & PPO, Medicare Advantage Plans)
- LifeWell (PPO)
- NovaNet (PPO)
- Beech Street (PPO)
- PHCS/Multiplan (PPO)
- Tricare United (HMO, PPO, POS)
- What if you don’t take my insurance?
For all carriers not mentioned in the list above we are considered an out of network provider, which means you would be responsible for the full cost of your visit. As an out of network provider, your charges may be higher from us compared to the charges of an in network provider but we can help by submitting the charges to your insurance carrier to see if they will reimburse you. Alternatively, you may choose to identify as a self pay patient (please see below). If you elect to self pay we cannot submit any of the charges to your insurance company.
- What is self pay?
Self pay is when you pay out of pocket for your entire visit rather than submit the charges to insurance. Our services are accessible to all individuals including those who do not have insurance or for who we are an out of network provider. We have developed a simple time based fee schedule that is similar to other professional service industries. Consultations are billed in 5 minute increments that start at $45. A consultation typically ranges from 5-15 minutes depending on the complexity of your concerns and whether office treatment is indicated. A complete version of this fee schedule will be provided with new patient paperwork if you identify as self pay at the time of booking your appointment.
- How do you charge for cosmetic consultations?
Our cosmetic consultation fee is based on our self pay fee schedule (please refer to #5 above). If you elect to purchase a cosmetic service or product through our practice we simply apply this consultation fee towards the purchase.
- What is your payment policy?
We collect all copays, co-insurance, deductibles, and fee for service charges (self pay) at the time of service. We are a small practice committed to providing high quality care. This financial policy allows us to continue to focus our attention and resources on your care rather than administrative tasks.
- Why do you keep my credit card on file?
This is only required if you are unable to pay your balance at the time of service. If we need to charge your credit card for any unpaid balance, we will first notify you before submitting the charge. If you paid your balance with a credit card, you can also choose to keep your credit card on file as a convenience. Insurance verification is complicated therefore it is not uncommon to identify charges that require adjustment during our review period. When adjustments are needed, having a credit card on file allows us to quickly balance your statement. Your card will not be charged or credited until we have received your permission.
- What happens if I miss my appointment?
When you miss an appointment it limits our accessibility to others. We charge $45 for each missed medical appointment and $90 for surgical and cosmetic procedure appointments. The best way to avoid this financial penalty is to call 24 hours before your appointment to reschedule or cancel.
- What if I am going to be late for my appointment?
We understand that Atlanta traffic can sometimes be unpredictably bad. Our policy is to do our utmost to work our late patients back into the schedule. It is much easier to do this on some days than others. If you are late for a procedure or if we have a full schedule we reserve the right to ask you to reschedule.
- Can my minor child be seen without a Guardian?
We require the presence of a guardian for new patient visits and all procedural visits. Follow up visits do not require the presence of a guardian if we have your permission noted in your child’s chart.