Neuromodulator Injections for Wrinkles
Botulinum protein developed to reduce wrinkles, is a sterile and purified version of Botulinum Toxin A. When the protein is injected at the site of the wrinkle, it works to block nerve impulses causing a temporary relaxation of the muscles that are causing the wrinkles. The end result is a reduction in the process of wrinkle formation. A smoothing effect is seen over the next few days and continues to improve over many weeks.
- The effects of Botulinum protein injections can be seen in 3-5 days with maximum effect visible two weeks after treatment.
- Results may vary in individuals, depending on the severity of wrinkles and the strength of muscles treated.
- The results last for about three to four months after which most patients gradually return to their former state.
- Patients who have had Botulinum protein treatments over 12 months may require fewer treatments over time because they are less likely to use the muscles that are causing the wrinkles.
Dermal fillers are biocompatible gels that, once injected into the skin with an ultra-fine needle, lift and add volume to the areas being treated. The gel is composed of hyaluronic acid which is similar to one of the body’s own natural substances.
The hyaluronic acid in dermal fillers supplements the body’s age depleted hyaluronic acid to plump-up the lip, fill in a deep skin fold, or recreate the cheekbone. Hyaluronic acid has three major benefits over other types volume replacement:
- It is obtained by biosynthesis
- It is of non-animal origin and the molecule is highly biocompatible.
- It does not require any prior testing.
Classic treatments develop that reputation for a reason. Chemical peels have been used centuries to improve skin tone and reduce fine lines.
Depending on the combination of ingredients, a series of chemical peels can be effective and more cost effective than lasers for acne, acne scarring, reducing melasma, and treating sun damage.
Microneedling (Collagen induction therapy)
This is an exciting new technique that has a number of applications ranging from treatment of acne scarring to minimizing the signs of aging.
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP)
Benign Lesion Removal
The surgical procedure of removing nonmalignant (not cancerous) skin lesions or abnormal growths from different parts of the body including the trunk, arms, and legs.