Some changes to your skin are natural and expected due to the aging process. There are other changes, however, that should not be ignored and are signs that you need to see a dermatologist. Dr. Naga Meduri from Modern Dermatology Atlanta is trained to recognize a benign issue of the skin or something more serious that needs further care. Continue reading to learn about the benefits of seeing a dermatologist in Woodstock, GA, serving Canton and Acworth. And it's not just skin issues that she treats, Dr. Meduri can also care for hair and nail issues, as well as mucous membranes, and the delicate lining of tissue in your mouth, nose, and eyelids.
What are some issues that can benefit from seeing a dermatologist?
If you notice any of the symptoms listed below, you would benefit from seeing a dermatologist as soon as possible. Dr. Meduri can address any of the issues listed below.
- Severe acne: Minor acne that does bother you very much generally does not need treatment by a dermatologist and can be managed with OTC medications. But if you have painful, severe acne that disrupts your life, you should consult a dermatologist for help beyond what is available to you over the counter.
- Rosacea: The main symptom of rosacea is a red flush on the cheeks. But it may extend to the nose, chest and neck and can also affect the eyes. Skin bumps and swelling will often occur in more severe cases. Blood vessels that expand too quickly in response to heat, exercise, or spicy food cause this reaction. Rosacea can be well-managed with medication.
- If you have tried treatment provided by a PCP for persistent dry, itchy and reddened skin and it doesn't respond to that treatment, these could be signs of psoriasis or eczema. A dermatologist can successfully treat these conditions.
- A change in the shape or size of a freckle or mole is a signal that you need to see a dermatologist.
- If after several days, a rash that covers more than 10% of your body does not go away, a visit to a dermatologist is warranted. This is particularly important if a fever, severe itchiness, or pain accompanies your rash.
- Sores that do not heal
- Unexpected hair loss
- A patch of skin that is darker or lighter in color than the rest of your skin.
- A dermatologist can treat unsightly veins (varicose or spider veins)
Here at Modern Dermatology Atlanta we want to get you to look and feel your best. If you have concerns about your hair, skin, or nails, schedule a consultation with Dr. Meduri, a dermatologist in Woodstock, GA, serving Canton and Acworth. You can reach us by calling (770) 250-7199.